FAQSearchLoginRegister
It is currently Tue Oct 17, 2017 1:44 am

All times are UTC - 7 hours [ DST ]

Redline reports are not well 

Post Redline reports are not well
We are running Redline 4, build 1019. Generally this is working well. But many of the preset reports are not working properly.

For example the GWIA Data transfer during last 4 days report only shows inbound traffic and no outbound traffic in the Message Count chart and no traffic at all in the Kilobytes transferred chart. The GW Acct files are being imported OK. I can see inbolund and outbound e-mail for the GWIA on the dashboard OK. So why it is not appearing in the report is a mystery.

Post Office size reports only show data for two of our 15 post offices and then displays a Javascript error. Clicking on the button to report the error closes the error box and creates an e-mail with the address "support@gwava.com method=post enctype=" and nothing in the subject or body. Details of the error are:

Error Message: ReferenceError: NULL is not defined

File Name: http://chjlrlin.sbs.net:6910/main_execr ... eport.html

Line: 144

Some reports do seem to work OK. For example the GWAVA Message Processing Analysis seems OK.

Any suggestions as to where I shold start to look would be appreciated.

Cheers

Stuart

Wed Jan 23, 2013 2:51 pm
Profile E-mail

Post Re: Redline reports are not well
Verify that logging is set to verbose for the gwcheck events.

Thu Jan 24, 2013 12:42 pm
Profile E-mail

Go to the reports and do a query on the table in question. Verify the following:
data for the last 4 days
these items have a size
there are inbound and outbound items

Thu Jan 24, 2013 12:44 pm
Profile E-mail

Thanks James,

I can verify that the Scheduled Redline GWCheck job for each PO is set to Verbose Logging.

I ran a query on the Gateway Accounting table and can confirm that there are both incoming and outgoing items, all of which have a size.

If I run the query on the Internet Agent Messages table there are no outgoing items shown and none of the items have a size.

I can only see a couple of Post Office tables (Logins and Messages) both of which seem to have incomplee data in them.

The Redline Logifile Imports table shows that all the various logs from different sourcs are being imported successfully.

Cheers

Stuart

Thu Jan 24, 2013 2:39 pm
Profile E-mail

Is logging verbose?

Mon Feb 04, 2013 10:50 am
Profile E-mail

Yes, the logging is set to verbose for the Redline Scheduled Task

Mon Feb 04, 2013 12:44 pm
Profile E-mail

GWIA Data transfer is a query of the msgsgwia table doing a count for the last four days, followed by a sum of the msg size in the same table for the same time period.

Try running the Trend Internet Messages. Is this report working correct?

Tue Feb 12, 2013 12:53 pm
Profile E-mail

No, the TrendInternetMessages report is not correct. There is no data at all from Sep 2011 and then from Nov 2012 there is only information for incoming messages.

On the dashboard where I have a chart showing GWIA activity I see both inbound and outbound activity. I also see appropriate activity for the GWAVA Message Processing chart.

So it seems that the basic information is arriving. It just doesn't seem to be getting into the databases correctly.

Tue Feb 12, 2013 2:12 pm
Profile E-mail

Hello,
We need to verify the databases are the actual problem. First, I would recommend contacting support and open up an incident with them. A remote session would be necessary in this case, and extremely helpful.

Second, you will need to send in the gwiamsgs.db to support (found in: /opt/beginfinite/redline/db).
Finally, viewing the Control Center Log would also be helpful.

If you could provide tech support with those items that would help to figure out why the reports are not showing the data.
Call us any time: 801-437-5678

Thank you.

Mon Feb 18, 2013 3:41 pm