FAQSearchLoginRegister
It is currently Fri Dec 15, 2017 4:12 am

All times are UTC - 7 hours [ DST ]

Online Update Doesn't Update! 

Post Online Update Doesn't Update!
We are presently running Redline 3.5 build 1006. Seeing that build 1008 is now out I went to the Online Update page on our Control Center and tried to get the update via that mechanism. The server location is set to download.gwava.com. I click on the refresh button to try to get a list of available packages and nothing really happens at all. There is a brief message saying connecting and that is it. No list of packages showing ... nothing.

If I try to manually browse to download.gwava.com I end up redirected to support.gwava.com. It looks as though the default download site isn't being recongnised somewhere or other. I have tried using different proxy servers (we have three, 2 Border Manager and one Squid) and both FF 5 and IE 8. The results are the same irrespective of browser or proxy server.

I really would like to use the online update as I have a quite a few servers to update the agents on along with the CC. Manually upating is just a pain.

Any assistance would be appreciated.

Thanks

Stuart

Tue Aug 02, 2011 8:55 pm
Profile E-mail

Post Re: Online Update Doesn't Update!
Hello,
Check for firewall or proxy and make sure that isn't blocking it from connecting. It uses just the port 80 to connect to the internet for the online update. The download.gwava.com will redirect you to support.gwava.com. That is perfectly normal.

Thank you.

Thu Aug 04, 2011 11:44 am

I have checked the Proxy Servers and our Firewalls. These are not blocking the connection to download.gwava.com

One thing that I have noticed is that when I click on the refresh button I see a brief message in the status bar saying "Connecting to chjlrlin.sbs.net" followed by "Transferring data from chjlrlin.sbs.net" which is a bit strange to me as I would have thought that it should be trying to connect to download.gwava.com. Note that chjlrlin.sbs.net is the internal host name of our Redline Control Center server. So it appears that the Refresh button is simply trying to connect to the local server for the updates rather than the download site. Which is a wee bit strange.

Is there any specific setting that needs to be made in the Control Center config to allow the updates to happen. I can't see anything within the web interface.

Or might this be a server specific setting that needs to be made. Or perhaps a browser setting?

Thanks

Stuart

Thu Aug 04, 2011 4:42 pm
Profile E-mail

Hello,
Clicking on the refresh button will refresh the URL. It is normal for it to connect the Redline Control Center server to refresh the URL. This is working as designed.
There are no specific settings to be made in the Control Center in order for you to download an update.
The online update for Redline is quite simple. All it does is contacts our download site and gets the current version of Redline. It's essentially the same things as contacting our download site: http://download.gwava.com/download.php? ... on=current
If it is not able to see the current version of Redline that typically means that something is stopping it from connecting to our download site.

I have tested the online update to make sure it is working correctly and that it does update. Indeed it does work and have helped others to update their Redline Control Centers and Agents just recently.

Another option to update is to manually download the Redline current version package and install it that way. Use the link above to download the current version of Redline.
If you continue to have additional problems with the update, I suggest contacting support at 801-437-5678 and we can get remoted in and have a look at it.

Thank you.

Mon Aug 08, 2011 10:36 am

I think support for updating software through proxy is in industry so common, that I donĀ“t understand, why is this problem with Redline, Retain or Reload, only GWAVA can this.

Tue Sep 20, 2011 5:32 am

Turns out that there was some weird network issue at play here. Our network is a wee bit complex with multiple sites and multiple VLANs in our main (outsourced) data centre. As well as needing a firewall rule set up we needed to get a Dynamic NAT set up on the firewall/security appliance along with a specific routing through our core switches.

It is all working now. :D

Thu Jan 03, 2013 2:49 pm
Profile E-mail

It's always some niggly thing isn't it. :D

Thu Jan 03, 2013 5:20 pm
Profile E-mail