FAQSearchLoginRegister
It is currently Tue Nov 21, 2017 9:54 pm

All times are UTC - 7 hours [ DST ]

Updating through proxy? - ADDED 

Post Updating through proxy? - ADDED
Any chance that this might be implemented in a future release?

We have a significantly faster internet connection through a proxy, but we can't run our update through the proxy, and need to use our other direct connection which is considerably slower

Thu Nov 22, 2007 10:07 pm

Post Re: Updating through proxy?
AFAIK Reload downloads the update using wget. If you set the environment variable 'http_proxy' then wget should use the proxy address. More information about wget proxy can be found here. As I don't have a proxy I have not tested it myself though.

Fri Nov 23, 2007 5:35 am

I've known about this issue for a while. I've have trepidation about stepping into the issue of proxies, because as soon as we support such a thing suddenly problems with integration with the proxy become a support issue. So I am considering it, but I personally need more experience and time with the issue before I modify the code.

MFasen had a good idea. I have purposely tried to use many Linux utilities in order to allow further flexibility beyond what I have put in my code, that's the beauty of Linux!

Also with Reload 2.5, I have an option that allows upgrading Reload to be easier if you have to manually download a patch. Basically you can download the *.zip or *.rpm, and copy it to the /opt/beginifinite/reload/upgrade directory, and then choose to upgrade, and Reload will fine the *.zip or *.rpm file and upgrade Reload from that file.

Enjoy
-Tay

Sat Nov 24, 2007 5:24 am
Profile E-mail

thanks for the replies, if the solution Tay proposes is workable for the full upgrades that occur with major releases (eg 2.5, 3 etc) then thats good enough for me. Can download it on our fast connection and pop it on the box that way, it's just a simple matter of relaunching reload for it to find the upgrade / patch in that folder?

Sun Nov 25, 2007 6:23 pm

Yes, that's correct.

Enjoy
-Tay

Mon Nov 26, 2007 11:25 am
Profile E-mail