FAQSearchLoginRegister
It is currently Tue Nov 21, 2017 9:54 pm

All times are UTC - 7 hours [ DST ]

DMS libraries off post office 

Post DMS libraries off post office
I realise that the current dbcopy cannot handle dms storage areas off the post office........and that presents us with a problem

but we would be very pleased if Reload included some form of scripted copy facility to duplicate the storage areas to the Reload storage area, hopefully then change the filenames to all lower case, and configure the Reload POA to access the library storage areas.........please

obviously an improved dbcopy would be even better :-)

moving 4 DMS libraries, with over 80,000 documents, back under the PO is not really an option for us, so another solution is currently required

many thanks
Simon

Tue Nov 07, 2006 3:42 pm

Post DMS - External DMS Stores and Linux
So the problem is this:

1. GroupWise post offices on Linux do not support the notion of an external DMS store

2. The UNC path to an External DMS stores is hard-coded in the NGWGUARD.DB file, and it does not support an additional path such as a Linux path. I know, I've had to crack a few of them open to fix DMS problems!

So even if I pulled down the data (which could be done programatically), it wouldn't be of any use on the Reload server. It would only be usable if it was pushed back to the live server and then monkeyed with as you would typically monkey with the DMS data.

As long as we are talking about programmatic limitations with DMS, please also note that the SmartPurge API from Novell only supports message items, it does not support DMS data.

GroupWise has some great APIs that we are leveraging, if GroupWise DMS had those same APIs we would be able to do the same remarkable things with DMS that we can with GroupWise.

Enjoy
-Tay

Fri Nov 10, 2006 9:46 am
Profile E-mail

thanks for that, figured it may well be a problem, and I also realised it was likely to be a GW restriction

as clustering also only really supports DMS storage at the post office afaik there is probably a good case to go through the pain and move the docs

for the time being I have set up a local dms copy to a second volume on the GW server, followed by an rsync to the Reload server, with a rotating series of dated folders using hardlinks

seems to be working so far, but I am aware it only creates a recovery dataset, rather than an online backup Reload style.

thanks
Simon

Sun Nov 12, 2006 6:36 am