FAQSearchLoginRegister
It is currently Tue Oct 17, 2017 3:39 am

All times are UTC - 7 hours [ DST ]

Feature Request- Multiple Deletion Management ProfileOptions 

Post Feature Request- Multiple Deletion Management ProfileOptions
I am currently running Retain 3.5 and was looking at the documentation for 4.x and it looks like both have only a single rule for job archive contents deletion, or what I'm going to call retention/sunsetting policy. My organization has no sunsetting policy at this time which I am looking to change but a single retention/sunsetting policy might not be appropriate for my organization based different departments and their own requirements.

This brings my feature request... again basing this off of what 3.5 is doing, giving the Deletion Management an interface similar to Data Collection where multiple deletion profiles can be deleted and assigned to different user groups rather than a single policy for all staff could be useful and could make a retention/sunsetting an easier sell. For example I have one department that essentially functions as "case workers" who want to follow HIPPA policies, another department that does background checks and are supposed to delete all investigative materials when a case is closed, and our general business operations which currently wants to keep everything forever. Today I need to work with the highest common denominator and keep everything forever for everyone. It would be nice to be able to allow different departments to be managed based on their individual needs.

Fri Apr 15, 2016 7:14 am
Profile E-mail

Post Re: Feature Request- Multiple Deletion Management ProfileOptions
That has become an increasingly popular request and an enhancement request exists (RET-4940) for a robust deletion management system consisting of the ability to create different profiles and tie them to different deletion jobs just like what can be done with our existing archive job paradigm. Retain should have this functionality sometime this year as it is on our top support issues list.

Thu Apr 28, 2016 7:32 am
Profile E-mail